Lynch Meyer has significant experience in acting for schools, nationally, to deliver cost effective, strategic and practical legal solutions.
Our team’s understanding of the sector’s values and brand protection ensures that our advice is appropriate and sensitive to these factors.
We have expertise in advising on the responsibility and liability around student behaviour, identifying and managing the legal aspects of education and in particular, acting for schools in both advisory and dispute resolution.
Our team is committed to the education sector, with several members of our firm involved as board members of educational institutions and from that involvement, have practical insight into the governance and administration of schools in the private, independent and Catholic Education sector.
Our experience can assist educational institutions in the following ways:
- Collection of outstanding tuition fees and charges and negotiation of payment arrangements (via Platinum Collection Agency);
- Month end results and reporting
- Advising on enrolment documentation and in particular, enrolment terms and processes;
- Preparing employment contracts for staff;
- Acting in unfair dismissal matters for claims by staff;
- Advising on workplace policies and procedures, Work Health and Safety and equal opportunity and discrimination;
- Preparing and advising on building contracts;
- Advising on intellectual property matters, including branding and trademarks;
- General corporate and contractual advice.
For Cole School Experts and Platinum Collection Agency clients we provide a free legal telephone hotline to troubleshoot and resolve any queries that may require immediate assistance.
Please contact James Neate or Alice Carter on 08 8223 7600.